I had a watchdog put on the domain name: playneverwinter.com and it has triggered a couple of days ago so this may be old news for you.
The (old) news say that Cryptic Studios maker of City of Heros and Champions Online will be producing a new game called Neverwinter. The release is scheduled for Q4 2011.
"100 years have passed since the Spellplague consumed the world of Faerûn. Neverwinter, a once majestic city of magic and adventure upon the mighty Sea of Swords, is still being rebuilt from near total ruination. Even as new wonders of stone and iron rivaling ancient works are being raised by the hands of man, dwarf and elf, dark powers beyond reckoning vie for control of the land...
This is a world that promises death for the meek, glory for the bold and danger for all. This is the world of Neverwinter."
The key features as far as I see is:
- Persistant world
- Some kind of toolset (or level designer tool, codename Forge)
- 4th Edition
- Multi-platform (but not console)
- 3 races (Dwarf, Elf, Human)
- 5 classes (Cleric, Wizard, Figther, Rouge, Ranger)
- Synchronized release with the first of a trilogy of books by R.A.Salvatore(?)
Thanks for reading